Saturday, December 28, 2013

Book Review - The Psychopath Test by Jon Ronson

Book Review:

TheHistoryPodcast.blogspot.com reviews the book The Psychopath Test The Psychopath Test by Jon Ronson


Full Disclosure: The last time I reviewed a book I was in 7th grade English class, and it went very badly. I reviewed "The Vampire Lestat," a book I barely made it through. I skipped and skimmed much of it. Instead of reading a large section of the book, I watched the movie "Interview with a Vampire." I hope this goes much better. It should; I at least read the book this time.

Jon Ronson has a wonderful personality from a reader's perspective. For Jon Ronson, it must be awful being Jon Ronson. He is a very successful writer that has received critical acclaim, but he is still a self-doubting, anxiety ridden author that worries too much.



The Psychopath Test acts as Ronson's journal as he explores the world of mental illness (mainly the world of psychopaths). The book is humorous, enlightening, and dark. Ronson's sense of humor balances the book and prevents it from becoming too depressing. This book deals with real psychopaths and real problems with how mental illness is treated. For some readers, the joke might be lost in the heavy subject matter. For those that understand that this is a dark, entropic world, enjoy.

Some of Ronson's adventures in this book aren't ask exciting as the others. This isn't because of poor writing or poor material. It's that some parts are amazing. Tony's story is amazing and perfectly fit for Jon Ronson.

Not bad for my first review? Whatever. Go read the book. It's good.


Tony's Story


 


CEO's = Psyschopaths from This American Life



On Amazon:
The Psychopath Test by Jon Ronson

Yours Truly,
Mr. Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment